Promoting awareness for the various forms of cancer is an important part of cancer advocacy. After all, increased awareness when it comes to cancer means an increase in public information and education. This helps with the promotion of preventative measures and medical screening for early detection, which allows for better treatment options.
There are various organizations with the purpose of raising awareness for either cancer in general, or specific forms of cancer. In addition, several dates (or specific periods of time) throughout the year are dedicated to the promotion of cancer awareness. September cancer awareness includes several significant topics.
The Specific Forms of Cancer included in September Cancer Awareness
September is the awareness month for the following forms of cancer. We also included a list of resources for further information about the cancer forms.
(in alphabetical order)
- What is Blood Cancer? (dkms.org)
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month is September (stjude.org)
- September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (childrenscancer.org)
- National Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Week – Sept 29-Oct 5, 2021 (portal.ct.com)
- Thyroid Cancer (Papillary and Follicular) (thyroid.org)
- Thyroid Cancer – Thyroid Cancer Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatments (endocrineweb.com)
Further Topics/Dates associated with September Cancer Awareness
September is Pain Awareness Month (hopkinsmedicine.org)
Take a Loved One to the Doctor Month (floridahealth.gov)
World Cancer Research Day (worldcancerresearchday.com)
If you are interested to learn more about the various cancer awareness dates throughout the year, have a look at our cancer awareness dates overview for 2021/2022.
Our mission at Beacon Advocates is to support and assist you during your cancer care journey. Find out more about who we are and what we do here!