Achieve Better Coordinated Care
We will help you navigate, advocate and coordinate some or all aspects of your care. You decide. We make sure you gain access to TIMELY cancer care by:
- Navigating the complexities of cancer care within the healthcare maze.
- Helping to understand your insurance benefits.
- Eliminating any barriers to excellent care.
- Collaborating and coordinating all aspects of care with multiple physicians.
- Coordinating second and third opinions.
- Assisting with placement and home services coordination and oversight.
- Helping with transitions of care throughout the care continuum such as survivorship and end-of-life care.
- Creating a proactive care plan.
- Communicating and sharing knowledge.
Find Clinical Clarity
We make sure you receive the most personalized treatment for your individual cancer by:
- Ensuring you are the most important and listened-to person on your medical team.
- Advocating for your rights and medical needs.
- Communicating clearly and helping you to understand your diagnosis and treatment options.
- Obtaining all medical records, to organize and review for completeness.
- Comparing your planned treatment to evidence-based clinical guidelines such as those of NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network).
- Translating the crucial information to allow you to gain the confidence to make informed decisions regarding your cancer care.
- Helping you develop a list of questions to discuss with your medical team.
- Accompanying you to doctor/hospital visits.
- Researching clinical treatment and clinical trial options, if requested.
Cancer Care is complex. As such, gaps in care and mistakes can happen. As your trusted advisors, we will provide guidance and oversight throughout your cancer care journey by:
- Identifying care gaps and collaboratively addressing with the medical team.
- Helping to change the medical team when and if needed.
- Monitoring your treatment and follow-up.
- Evaluating your treatments and their side-effect profile to support you by providing management strategies in concert with your medical team.
- Guiding you through changes in medical direction and/or treatment and responding to the changing patient’s needs.
Manage Life with Cancer
We identify and address the whole person’s emotional, financial, and legal needs commonly associated with a cancer diagnosis to create peace of mind and reduce the feelings of isolation.
Care surrounding a cancer diagnosis can often lead to financial distress. In fact, it has been reported that, nationally, 1 out of 3 families go into bankruptcy. Let us help you prepare a strategy that is specific to your family’s needs.
- We review medical bills to identify and correct billing errors
- We help to optimize your insurance benefits.
- We review your financial resources and help to locate key resources at the local and national levels.
- We help you determine and will facilitate long term resources such as state and national programs such as Social Security Disability insurance, etc.
The craziness of everyday life does not stop when you or a family member is diagnosed with cancer. We address the emotional side effects of cancer and connect you to resources when needed.
- We provide you a peace of mind knowing that you have a connected care team.
- We provide frequent check-ins to assess your needs.
- We keep connected to reduce the feeling of isolation.
- We help with identifying stress reduction strategies.
- We help with your Advanced Care Planning. This is a legal document which involves recording your wishes about medical treatment at a future time, if you’re not able to make decisions about your care.
- We help you balance your treatments while working; we also can help you to know your rights when it comes to working with cancer.
- We help coordinate estate planners and beyond.