Cancer care remains siloed and often lacks a patient-centric focus and longitudinal support. This is where Beacon Advocates can help.
We offer customized engagements that address our clients’ programmatic needs taking into consideration budgetary and reporting requirements.
Providing Beacon Advocates services will result in an improved cancer care patient experience which will result in cost savings through benefit optimization and community resources; reduction in wait times; improved coordination of care; reduction in the duplication of services and medical errors; avoidable emergency room, in-patient, and readmissions.
As cancer is the highest cost driver within insurance plans, costs are difficult to control given the growing complexities of treatment options within a complex healthcare system. Members with a cancer diagnosis are overwhelmed while they try to navigate the complexities of the disease and its various treatment options within the complexities of the healthcare system and treatment options. Members/patients are caught in the middle and often confused and afraid and in need of a trusted personal advisor to complement their medical team. This is where Beacon Advocates come in.
Beacon Advocates offers a unique solution to ensure patients receive the right services at the right time. Our Innovative Cancer Care Management Solution provides timely access and personalized care coordination services to support becoming more engaged in their healthcare as they are supported independently by an oncology-certified nurse with social worker support to access both community and national resources for financial and emotional support.
We believe our solution offers a significant benefit over traditional phone-based payer care management services because our high-touch services intersect all facets of the healthcare experience which drives successful impacts and drive successful outcomes (clinical, financial, and overall member experience).
Cancer Care Consultative Services include:
- Benefit optimization surrounding cancer care.
- AI development for pattern recognition.
- Data analytics to proactively identify opportunities for engagement.
- Cancer Care Pathway development.
- Customized cancer care program development.
- Cancer care claim audits.
Our high-touch service model is an effective and unique approach as our services intersect all facets of the healthcare experience designed to drive successful measurable outcomes (clinical, financial, and overall member experience).
- Increased member engagement with support leads to increased satisfaction and member retention.
- Appropriate diagnostic and treatment regimen
- Identification of patterns of practice.
- Identification of billing inaccuracies.
- Reduction of waste including duplicative services: imaging & laboratory.
- Reduction of avoidable ED/IP visits.
- Increased clinical trial utilization.
Rising cancer-related healthcare costs place burdens on both employers and their employees. Cancer costs are difficult to control given the growing complexities of treatment options within a complex healthcare system. Employers are looking to better manage costs while providing evidence-based treatments.
Employees with a cancer diagnosis are overwhelmed while they try to navigate the complexities of the disease, treatment options within the complexities of the healthcare system while trying to manage life and work. Your employees are caught in the middle often confused and afraid, and in need of a trusted personal advisor to complement their medical team. This is where Beacon Advocates come in.
Beacon Advocates offers a unique solution to ensure patients receive the right services at the right time.
Our Innovative Cancer Care Management Solution provides high-touch, personalized, and confidential care management that helps individuals avoid becoming an unfortunate statistic. Our service model improves patient outcomes and provides a positive return on investment by optimizing costs and helping ill employees continue or return to work more quickly.
Additionally, providing this type of service boosts morale by demonstrating your commitment to and caring for your employees and their families.
Cancer Care Consultation Services include:
- Staff education on the benefits of screening and early detection.
- Benefit optimization surrounding cancer care.
- Analytics – We help self-funded employers analyze their cancer spend, trends and offer cost mitigation strategies.
The Value of Beacon Advocate’s Unique Approach drives benefits within cost/quality/satisfaction:
- Reduce absenteeism
- Improve health outcomes
- Mitigate rising cancer-related costs
- Increased employee satisfaction and talent retention
- Diagnostic and treatment appropriateness
- Identify patterns of practice
- Billing inaccuracies identified
- Increased clinical trial utilization
Oncology Providers Problem:
Many of the current value-based arrangements focus on the quality of cancer care coordination services. The reality is that the US is facing a workforce shortage, and many oncology practices have limited staff to provide comprehensive patient care coordination services.
Customized care management programs based on individual provider value-based metrics
- Anticipate patient care needs early
- Alert Providers to health issues
- Coordinate services including home health care
- Promote and monitor treatment adherence (oral therapies)
- Encourage Patient-Reported Outcomes
- Provide emotional support
- Assist with advance care planning
- Offer education and resources
- Access to community and national resources
- Increased provider/staff satisfaction due to increased patient engagement and decreased staff workload
- Increased revenue due to improved clinical and quality outcomes
- Reduction of ED/IP and readmission rates
- Reduced patient isolation
- Build customized care management programs
- Build customized care pathway programs
- Fill in the gap between patient and technology solution
- Cancer population analytics
Let’s discuss your organizational needs and our cost-effective solutions.