You are currently on your cancer care journey as a patient, or you are taking care of a loved one who has been diagnosed with cancer? Then you are probably paying specific attention to the ongoing news about the current COVID-19 pandemic and wonder what all this means for your particular situation. That’s why we have compiled a list of important resources for you, so you can stay up-to-date on what every cancer patient needs to know in connection with the Coronavirus.
What every cancer patient needs to know about COVID
- As with any other concerns regarding your cancer care: Talk to your oncologist/oncology team about any potential questions, such as compromised immunity, or whether vaccination is the right step for you.
- Prevention and Protection is particularly important!
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides further information about the COVID-19 situation as such, as well as in the specific context of pre-existing medical conditions and high-risk factors:
- NIH – National Cancer Institute:
- Coronavirus Vaccines and People with Cancer: A Q&A with Dr. Steven Pergam
- Live Chat Option Mondays-Fridays, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET
- Coronavirus: What People with Cancer Should Know
Beacon Advocates is here for you!
We hope that this list has given you a good general overview of what every cancer patient needs to know in the context of the Coronavirus.
It’s quite natural that you come across questions and concerns in the context of your cancer care and treatment: Our team of experienced oncology nurses and social workers is here for you. Contact us to find out what we can do for you!